Friday, May 18, 2007

Another light schedule, another night of deep runs, and yet another night of some disapointment

So tonight I played 6 tournaments total, and cashed in 3/6. My schedule consisted of the bodog 25k @ 7:30, UB bounty and 100r, and on FTP I played the 6pm 22k which was a 69+6 buy-in, the 7pm 40k which was the 150+13 buy-in and the FTOPS, which tonight was the 200+16 with a 150k guarantee. FTOPS got 1,072 runners, and went very similar to my other FTOPS events, although I did manage to survive past the 1st break before busting around 600. I folded most of the 1st hour, had about 3400 when i played my 1st significant pot and lost 1300 chips. The Bodog 25k was alot more grinding, and at the 300-600 75a level I got all-in with KK vs KJo for my 7k chips, Qxx910, gg out of the $. I got deep in the UB 100r, and went card dead towards the later part of the tournament, and every time I tried to open a pot I was re-raised. With 12 left, and blind 600-1200, i moved all-in from the cut-off with 9d8d for my last 9700. The BB called with A3, and at least I was live. KK8 flop, turn K, river K, and I bubble the final table with quads!!! This tournament only paid 8, so again, no money :(.

The UB bounty was simple pickings in the beginning, as I gathered 8.5k during the 1st hour. Tho I swang a bit, I was never really in any danger, and the only time I was all-in before there was 12 left was when I flopped top set vs a flush draw with about 25 people left. On the final table bubble, the button who had 45kish, made it 5500 or so at 1k-2k blinds. I had the perfect re-stealing stack, and moved all-in from the BB with 44 for about 30k. Whoops, he had KK, and I'm out 11th. Oh well.

Both the 22k and 40k on FTP started very similar. Alot of folding during the 1st hour with me putting very few chips in the pot, and having around 2.5k of the starting 3k at the 1st break. In both tournaments I picked up alot of cards during the 2nd hour and managed to get to around 15k at the 2nd break. The 22k was a steady ride to the final table where I eventually finished 4th. I didn't lose many significant pots, when 5 handed and the blinds 6k-12k, utg+1 shoved my BB for 130k w/ KJhh, I obv called with AA and lost a race on the river. I tried to grind, as my cards were very ugly. I eventually shoved 85k w/ K8o 4-handed and was called by A7o, live to the river but I missed :(, taking 4th for 2.5k.

The 40k I found myself with a monster stack right after the 2nd break after I played a very sick hand. I'm not sure how this will look when I paste it, but I'll try it anyways since I saved the hand. Towards the end of the 2nd hour, as I was amassing this large stack, I was opening up some more but I was also getting some hands. So it's reasonable to say I may have had my usual loose image. So pre-flop, I limp behind utg limper with small PP, and bet the flop when checked to me, just under 3x BB. UTG calls, turn brings straight draw, and utg again check/calls, this time my 1/2 pot bet. The river pairs the board, and I was shocked utg didn't lead. I really wasnt sure where he was at, but figured if he rivered trips he's calling, if he had the straight he was calling, and he may even call if he limped JJ-1010 or AA. So I said screw it and decided to go for the massive over shove of almost 3x the pot which he called pretty quickly, I was shocked at his holdings.......

Full Tilt Poker Game #2456793747: $40 000 Guarantee (18164261) Table 21 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:21:13 ET - 2007/05/18
Seat 1: min33 (4 025)
Seat 2: blindumpire (5 405)
Seat 3: Matadoren (4 565)
Seat 4: TheStein (10 665)
Seat 5: Andre Pierre (16 040)
Seat 6: SirWatts (8 405)
Seat 7: GetPWN3D (16 510)
Seat 8: phat_cat1 (7 495)
Seat 9: drome (3 740)
min33 antes 25
blindumpire antes 25
Matadoren antes 25
TheStein antes 25
Andre Pierre antes 25
SirWatts antes 25
GetPWN3D antes 25
phat_cat1 antes 25
drome antes 25
Matadoren posts the small blind of 120
TheStein posts the big blind of 240
The button is in seat #2

Holecards:
Dealt to GetPWN3D [ ]
Andre Pierre calls 240
SirWatts folds
GetPWN3D calls 240
phat_cat1 folds
drome folds
min33 folds
blindumpire folds
Matadoren calls 120
TheStein checks

Flop:
[ ]
Matadoren checks
TheStein checks
Andre Pierre checks
GetPWN3D bets 645
Matadoren folds
TheStein folds
Andre Pierre calls 645

Turn:
[ ] [ ]
Andre Pierre checks
GetPWN3D bets 1,200
Andre Pierre calls 1,200

River:
[ ] [ ]
Andre Pierre checks
GetPWN3D has 15 seconds left to act
GetPWN3D bets 14 400 and is all in
Andre Pierre has 15 seconds left to act
Andre Pierre calls 13 930 and is all in
Uncalled bet of 470 returned to GetPWN3D

Showdown :
GetPWN3D shows [ ] (a full house, Fours full of Queens)
Andre Pierre mucks
GetPWN3D wins the pot (32,735) with a full house, Fours full of Queens
Andre Pierre stands up

SUMMARY:
Total pot 32,735 | Rake 0
Board:
[ ]
Seat 1: min33 folded before the Flop
Seat 2: blindumpire (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: Matadoren (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: TheStein (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Andre Pierre mucked [ ] - two pair Queens and Nines
Seat 6: SirWatts folded before the Flop
Seat 7: GetPWN3D showed [ ] and won (32 735) with a full house Fours full of Queens
Seat 8: phat_cat1 folded before the Flop
Seat 9: drome folded before the Flop

This put me at 35k, which I pretty much rode to the final 2 tables, not getting many hands. With 1500-3k blinds, given the huge antes on FTP, I shoved my 58k in the sb when folded to me, and the BB woke up to KK...my 67o was no good and I was down to 22k. Folded to me on the button and I had a standard shove with A9o, and the same guy wakes up to QQ, nh gg gl etc etc.

This week I fell to #11 of the rankings on www.pocketfives.com. On 4-11-06, I moved from #11 to #6 in the rankings. In October of '06, I was ranked #4 in the old system, when pocketfives switched to the new system, which is more results based. I debuted in that system at #3, and eventually held the #1 spot for about 2 months maybe. Since the 1st of the year I have been traveling alot playing live, and along with some sick performances by others I have been steadily dropping. Still, the approximate 57 consecutive weeks I spent in the top 10, adjusting to a brand new system with a new criteria, not to mention having to fight off so many great players worthy of such high rankings is definitely one of my proudest achievements in this game to date. With all the insane PLB totals, and the 4 weeks I'll be in vegas this summer, it's going to be really difficult but I plan on reclaiming my spot in the top 10 very soon. Overall I'm really happy with my game, and looking forward to a big weekend. I'm going to do my best to run good when it counts ;-).

3 comments:

Lil'George said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lil'George said...

I cant sleep. I remembered you mentioned you started a blog so I looked you up. I just read all your entries, May 15th to present. To my surprise there I was right in the first post. A lot of what you said struck a chord. I've had a lot of similar thoughts from time to time. But from my own angle, of course. Its funny you mention that felling of being left behind. I remember feeling something similar as you began experiencing more and more success with poker. I'd see you make a big score and feel like there goes another person moving on to the next level. I'd think everyone's getting their thing down and I still haven't accomplished any of my big goals. I'd be like "dam, I'm getting old, everyone's leaving me behind, I need to get serious and make some moves". LoL. So I know what you mean but like I said from a different angle. Anyway like you said it was "about fucking time". Settle down and so all else to the side. But only to the side not to the back! If I'm behind now I can always catch up. I'll hit the river. I got a lot of draws and good odds. I'm the first getting married but not the last. Shit, I'll probably be at your wedding in a couple years. You never know when the right person comes along. Anyway, a few other things. Fuck working for the man. Cards, pool, business, something, anything....Lord willing. Fuck the drugs....Friends and fam till the end. Balance and Options. Also, if you feel old it's cuz your getting older, but getting older is better than the other option! Knock on wood and hope for the good! Now, relax at my wedding and then go win the main event. peace. six something got to try and sleep.

McGuinnes said...

I second that. Shit, I feel like I'm going NOWHERE sometimes!